We ensure that any changes to the backup environment are approved and logged properly.
All Incidents, Service Requests and Changes will be verbally confirmed with pre-approved authenticators before execution, and logged with our service desk upon completion.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Changing the scope of a backup job
- Changing retention policies, BLM policies etc
- Requesting a restore invoking disaster recovery or requesting a DR test
- Firewall changes or changes to network architecture including bandwidth
- Any type of information about configurations and setup
- Raising any kind of incident, issue or change with the service that requires technical investigation
- Modifying the list of authenticators
Robust change management is the hallmark of a reliable and accountable backup service. It’s a guarantee of commitment to checks and balances that keep the service functional, secure and transparent.
This works both ways. Databarracks adheres to its own ITIL-aligned Change Management process, but we also strive to observe and align with our clients’ Change Control policies at the points of interface with our services.
Understanding key elements of your Change Control policy helps us to fully integrate with your processes and procedures. Some common examples are:
- Factoring in any extra lead time required for changes we make to pass through your internal change control processes, such as deploying backup software to your servers
- Fulfilling any visitation prerequisites for sensitive locations, such as your comms room or data centre. This might include a copy of our Risk Assessment Method Statements, or providing personal information for site security registration