1st/2nd Line Technical Support
Salary: Competitive + On Call retainer
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance, Cycle-to-work scheme
Bonus: Discretionary, reviewed annually by means of appraisal
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Databarracks is a disaster recovery and cloud service provider based in South West London. We have grown substantially winning new business and industry awards typical of companies many times our size. We did this by maintaining a small company ethos and hiring clever, motivated people who are invested in what they do and fun to be around.
We're a tight, focused team, with the internal resources to provide meaningful opportunities for progression and on-the-job training. Some of our most senior staff members started in entry-level positions and have, through a combination of personal drive and internal support, made leaps up the career ladder.
This is an exciting role to deliver highly-engaged proactive support to our Backup as a Service customers. The role also includes a rotating duty to cover the first line to handle incoming calls and enquiries from customers and route them to the right technical specialists.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and assisting our customers with their online backup services, providing on-going pro-active and re-active support to customers.
- Help customers troubleshoot issues with their backup jobs; advise on backup best practices
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and advise customers on the resolution of issues preventing their backups from working effectively, this could include the customer's OSs, software applications, transport and network issues
- Work across a range of customers of all industries and sizes providing first-class support to all
- Manage multiple customer cases concurrently and provide regular progress updates to customers
- Ensure that all customer-related information including case history, contact information, and installed software are kept accurate and contribute to the ongoing upkeep and expansion of our technical knowledgebase
- Provide first line call answering and routing on a rotating duty with other technicians and join the on-call rota after approximately 3-4 months
Full training in the Asigra software and our proprietary tools will be provided.
The job requires a 37.5 hour working week of 7.5 hours per day with staggered shifts starting between 7am and 9:30am. The candidate will also be expected to join an on-call rota after approximately three months in the business (salary supplement and overtime pay will apply).
As a Data Protection Specialist you'll be the voice of the company, providing a consistently excellent customer experience by promptly resolving customer and partner technical issues on a range of products and environments.
You will have at least 1-2 years of hands on technical experience including business/customer facing work on a daily basis. End users recognise you as someone who is dedicated, responsive, and always able to explain technical concepts and issues at a level that matches their understanding.
You are not expected to be an expert in all of the following but you will be experienced in and considered a specialist in at least one of the following: TCP/IP Networking, Windows Server 2012 including Active Directory, SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint. Your experience in this product will include a solid understanding of the architecture, best practice implementation, common issues and how to troubleshoot them.
You are someone who thrives in an environment where time is of the essence, teamwork is key, multitasking is a way of life, and customer satisfaction is the ultimate reward.
Databarracks offers you the opportunity to become a data protection hero, working on a wide range of versions of major operating systems, across a variety of end customer environments of varying size and complexity, alongside approximately 25 other technology professionals from whom you can learn and likewise share your experience and knowledge.
Has worked in an ITIL managed environment, may have ITIL Foundation certificate
Has relevant certification in the aforementioned technologies
Technical Support: 1 year (Required)