Location: Battersea (and remote working)
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance, Cycle-to-work scheme
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Hours of work: Full time
Experience: B2B copywriting experience preferred (but not required)
Language: English (Required)
Databarracks is a global leader in Public Cloud Continuity, based in South West London. We have grown substantially winning new business and industry awards typical of companies many times our size. We did this by maintaining a small company ethos and hiring clever, motivated people who are invested in what they do and fun to be around.
We're a tight, focused team, with the internal resources to provide meaningful opportunities for progression and on-the-job training. Some of our most senior staff members started in entry-level positions and have, through a combination of personal drive and internal support, made leaps up the career ladder.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Copywriter will be responsible for planning, creating and editing all written communications for the company to support the overall content marketing strategy.
You are the voice of the organisation. It is your job to speak to engage our audience and translate the expertise of the technical leaders into sparkling copy that informs, educates and drives action.
- Full responsibility for all day-to-day writing activities
- Maintaining an editorial calendar for all content produced and commissioned for awareness and demand generation programs
- writing and managing the company blog (with understanding of SEO principles)
- Sales/marketing emails
- White papers
- Commissioning and editing technical White papers
- Promotional literature
- Direct mail campaigns
- Company newsletters (internal and external)
- Interviewing customers and writing case studies
- Creating a copy guide and maintaining a consistent tone of voice for the company across all channels
- Working with designers to produce finished content
- Editing documents for use across multiple channels – press releases, case studies, for web for print etc.
- Working on wider content formats including:
- Animation scripts
Qualifications and Skills
- BA or Master’s Degree in English, journalism, creative writing or similar
- A strong understanding of marketing and branding principles either through your work experience or education (B2B marketing experience is highly valued)
- A strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape, inbound marketing concepts and social media
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including writing, editing and proofreading experience – articulate and creative
- Experience deploying marketing campaigns (e-mail, newsletter, web, direct mail – experienced with various email marketing and analytics tools a plus)
Follow us on Twitter: @databarracks
Follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/databarracks