Benefits: Private Medical Insurance, Cycle-to-work scheme
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Finance Manager
Databarracks is a disaster recovery and cloud service provider based in South West London. We have grown substantially winning new business and industry awards typical of companies many times our size. We did this by maintaining a small company ethos and hiring clever, motivated people who are invested in what they do and fun to be around.
We're a tight, focused team, with the internal resources to provide meaningful opportunities for progression and on-the-job training. Some of our most senior staff members started in entry-level positions and have, through a combination of personal drive and internal support, made leaps up the career ladder.
Databarracks may be a technology company, but the lifeblood of our organisation is the service and support we provide our customers.
To ensure the highest levels of efficient and effective customer management we are creating a new position for a Finance Assistant who will support the Finance team running accurate and timely billing and payment processes.
You'll know when we say 'team player' we don't mean someone who lacks independence, we mean someone capable of adapting to the needs of multiple teams several times a day.
- Be hardworking with a desire to learn
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Have drive, enthusiasm and determination
- Have a proactive, can do attitude
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Be organised, friendly and approachable
- Comply with all Databarracks policies and processes relating to information security and quality management
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Databarracks' own, clients', staff, and suppliers', information assets
- A natural planner and organiser
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Have excellent communication skills and ability to quickly build rapport with clients and colleagues
- Have a good levek of written English and numeracy skills
- Supporting Finance manager as required
- Daily inputting of purchase orders on finance system (Sage 50)
- Control of authorising and payments of purchase ledger invoices
- Processing of sales invoices, expenses & credit card claims
- Recoconciliation and maintenance of Sales and purchase ledger accounts
- Direct debits – mandate processing, customer payment collection and statement reconciliation
- Credit control
- Posting payments & receipts in Sage 50
- Assisting with the reconciliation of banks accounts
- Control of Barclays.net maintenance of beneficiaries
- Involvement of logging/creating fixed assets & finance agreements
- Monitoring multiple email boxes
- Responding to customer billing queries by email and phone
- Accrual/prepayment organisation
- Cash flow analysis – aged creditors/direct debits/USD
- Preferred Suppliers List management including obtaining necessary documents as required
- Benefit deductions e.g. Ride2Work scheme/Medical Insurance/Technology Scheme
- Assist in audit preparation
- Ad-hoc analysis reporting of costs and revenue as required
Follow us on Twitter: @databarracks
Follow us on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/databarracks