Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Onboarding
Location: Battersea (and remote working)
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Onboarding
Hours of work: Full time
Experience: 5 years’ experience in Cloud Services
Language: English (Required)
Databarracks is a disaster recovery and cloud service provider based in South West London. We have grown substantially winning new business and industry awards typical of companies many times our size. We did this by maintaining a small company ethos and hiring clever, motivated people who are invested in what they do and fun to be around.
We're a tight, focused team, with the internal resources to provide meaningful opportunities for progression and on-the-job training. Some of our most senior staff members started in entry-level positions and have, through a combination of personal drive and internal support, made leaps up the career ladder.
Our cloud platforms are the cornerstone of our BaaS and DRaaS services. You will play a key role in both front-end (customer on-boarding and management) and back-end (platform maintenance and upgrades).
In onboarding customers you will be involved in project kick-off meetings, understanding the customer requirements, and implementing the services. This includes setting up virtual networking, building VPNs, spinning up VMs, configuring virtual machine backups, and replication using Azure Site Recovery and Zerto.
You’ll also be helping to keep the engine running smoothly for our customers. On the customer side, that means: performing health checks, analysing alerts, monitoring trends, implementing requests and handling incidents promptly and effectively. Behind the scenes, you’ll be managing the platform, performing hardware and software upgrades.
You’ll have the opportunity to work amongst a great team of professionals, with scope to learn from more experienced members of the team, and sharing your expertise with the wider business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong VMware and Azure skills that you have used in an operational capacity over 5+ years
- Operational / sysadmin experience, with a solid understanding of networking concepts including routing, firewalls and VPNs
- Windows server OSs and common workloads
- A proven track record of delivering outstanding customer service.
- A keen eye for analytical work and attention to detail
- Experience of working on internal or customer projects, ideally within an PRINCE2 framework
- Experience of working in an ISO27001 and ITIL managed environment
- Qualifications in areas such as Microsoft Azure Administrator, CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/N+, ITIL Foundation (ideally)
- The ability to work one week in four on call (as part of multi-level on call team) and willing to work shift patterns of 7.5 hours per day, with a start time between 7am and 9:30am (essential)
You’re a strong team player, willing to learn on the job from peers and confident to ask for help when needed.
You know that communication is about more than technical magic – and that listening to the customer, communicating regularly and managing expectations, all go towards what sets our service apart from our contemporaries
This is an excellent opportunity for a mid-to-senior Azure & network technician to join a fantastic team and get hands-on with best-in-class products like Commvault, Zerto and Azure Site Recovery.