Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 01 August, 2023 and is active until reviewed.
The statement sets down Databarracks commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the business activities of Databarracks which are as follows:
- Backup as a Service (BaaS)
- Business Resilience Services
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
- Public Cloud Services
The Company currently operates in the United Kingdom, Poland, Australia, Romania and India
Responsibility for the Company’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies: HR Consultant is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are developed is looking at best practice and adapting to the needs of the Company.
- Risk assessments: Resilience Director is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern slavery.
- Due diligence: Sales Director and Finance Director are responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of modern slavery and human trafficking with suppliers and new customers.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations all the below policies can be found in the Team Handbook.
- Whistleblowing policy - the Company encourages all its workers, customers and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
- Code of Conduct - The Code of Conduct sets down the actions and behaviour expected of employees when representing the Company.
- Environmental Policy Statement – outlines our commitment to reduce, reuse and recycle waste products that are generated as a result of our operation.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy - The Company’s CSR policy summarises how we work responsibly with suppliers and local communities.
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers. The Company’s due diligence process includes; building long-standing relationships with suppliers and making clear our expectations of business partners.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The board of directors who endorse this policy statement and are fully committed to its implementation.