Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Battersea (and remote working)
Benefits: Private Medical Insurance, Cycle-to-work scheme
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Hours of work: Full time
Experience: 10 years’ experience in IT infrastructure
Language: English (Required)
Databarracks is a disaster recovery and cloud service provider based in South West London. We have grown substantially winning new business and industry awards typical of companies many times our size. We did this by maintaining a small company ethos and hiring clever, motivated people who are invested in what they do and fun to be around.
We're a tight, focused team, with the internal resources to provide meaningful opportunities for progression and on-the-job training. Some of our most senior staff members started in entry-level positions and have, through a combination of personal drive and internal support, made leaps up the career ladder.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be responsible for onboarding new customers as well as managing data centre and cloud infrastructure, networking and security.
You’ll be working in a team of 10 and leading or participating in engineering projects, from the design phase through to handover to BaU.
- Assisting BaU operations team in troubleshooting and resolving critical or particularly difficult incidents; similarly problem management
- Participation in change approval board
- Ensuring documentation is kept up to date
- Identifying and executing on opportunities for improvement, whether related to people, process or technology
- Staying up to date on technology developments, particularly Commvault software, and proactively assessing potential changes to managed services which could benefit customers or improve performance and efficiency
- 10 years’ experience in IT infrastructure
- Commvault Certified Expert (minimum certification or equivalent), specialising in designing and implementing complex cloud, on-premises and hybrid solutions
- Knowledge of other enterprise data protection products is a significant advantage (e.g. NBU, TSM, Data Protector, Networker, Veeam, Azure Backup, Zerto, ASR)
- Awareness of the needs of managed services operations, specifically Backup and DR, for a broad customer base
- Advanced knowledge in: networking, virtualisation, Public Cloud, data centres
- Infrastructure architecture and engineering track record in enterprise environments
- A strong team player
- Willing to learn on the job from peers and confident to ask for help when needed